Run the Quay-Virtual Race 5K /10k / Fun Run
An Update from Our Race Director
Last week, Governor Cooper extended the Stay at Home Order in North Carolina through May 8, 2020, after which the State would engage in a phased reopening of businesses. As a result of this announcement, the Run the Quay Committee has determined the 2020 Run the Quay Event scheduled for June 6, 2020 must be converted to a VIRTUAL Event.
WITH THIS CHANGE, YOU CAN EXPECT THE FOLLOWING TO OCCUR:
- If you are already registered for the 2020 Event, your registration will be automatically converted to the Virtual Race.
- The Virtual Race will occur June 1 - June 15, 2020. More specific details will follow.
- If you prefer, you may defer your 2020 registration to the 2021 Race Event. Another email will follow with instructions for deferring. You must make this election on or before May 31, 2020. If you elect this option, you will NOT receive the 2020 t-shirt.
- The “No Refund Policy” remains in effect during this time.
- The Virtual Race will include the Kids' Fun Run (both the 1 Mile and 100 Yard Dash). More details will follow.
- Our Committee is planning to make this the BEST and most interactive Virtual Race in the area!
- All registered participants will receive a t-shirt. Options for picking up your t-shirt will be provided in a separate email to follow.
- The t-shirt design will be collaborative -- you could get your hashtag on this year’s shirt! Look for an event post on our RTQ Facebook page to submit your unique hashtag ideas for our contest between June 1st - June 10th. A vote will be held on Facebook from June 10th - 15th to choose the winning hashtags.
- There will be no medals this year.
- We are planning some fun swag for all participants.
- All participants who submit times for the Virtual Race via It's Your Race's App will be eligible for great prizes from our sponsors which will be randomly drawn. (No age group awards or time-based awards will be given in 2020.) More specific details to follow.
- The Downtown Cooldown has been rescheduled for July 25th (providing conditions allow). You will be able to collect your t-shirt, swag and enjoy a beer while listening to live music from one of our favorite local bands. More details to follow.
Your Race Committee is working diligently on the planning for the Virtual Run the Quay Race. We understand your disappointment and frustration. You will receive additional emails with instructions and specific information about this conversion to a virtual event. Please also follow Run The Quay Race Events on Facebook for other news and announcements, and thank you for your continued support of this annual community event.
Lisa M. Schreiner
Race Director - Run the Quay